We understand that loneliness affects our health and happiness. Research suggests there are millions of people of all ages in the UK who feel lonely most of the time. Over many months of working with lonely people we discovered the most important step to tackle loneliness is for people to open up about their current situation.
Although there is no shortage of clubs and activities to join sometimes we just don't feel confident enough to reach out or fear rejection. Our experience is that drawing strength from like-minded people can make all the difference. That's why we created Beating Loneliness Together.
What to expect
We meet weekly to:
- share our experiences of loneliness with like-minded people;
- get practical help and support from people who have overcome feelings of loneliness;
- learn about some suggested steps to regain confidence and resilience to meet new people and strengthen existing relationships; and
- help others over time by sharing the lessons we learn on our journey.
- The sessions are completely free and there is no commitment to attend.
Join us at our next meeting
Our next meeting will be held at 4pm to 5.30pm on Sunday 26th March. We are holding the session at the community centre on 70 Rosaline Road, London, SW6 7QT.
If you are able to make it please let us know by completing the form below. Please only put your name down if you are sure you can make it as numbers are limited.
You'll receive a warm welcome and we hope to meet you there.
If you are unable to attend this particular meeting please put your details here and we will be in touch as soon as we have a group in your area.